Yes!  That's exactly what I am looking for.  I'm not sure how I missed
that.  Somehow I had found the k8s migration scripts but not this one.
 Thank you for your help!  I think I'm going to make some modifications and
have my local version of the newer SMC up and running during our spring
break (which starts on March 20). My students will come back to a shiny new
SMC :-D

-Bob