On Jan 29, 4:29 pm, Anne Schilling <a...@math.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Dear Dan,
>
> Were you able to look at #7978? It is ready for review.

I checked that the patch trac_7978_crystal_cleanup-as.2.patch
passes sage --testall.

I am not finished looking at the patch.

I have one comment, which is not really about the patch, but about
affine.py. This is that I think promotion should be explained
a bit more. I think there should at least be a reference to the
literature
on this point and maybe that would suffice. I guess that it is clear
from
the documentation the affine root operator is the conjugate of a
classical
root operator (indexed by "dynkin_node") by an automorphism that
exchanges the affine root with this classical one. What is not so
clear
from the documentation is how this corresponds to "promotion" of
tableaux. There might be other ways that affine.py would be helped
by references to the literature.

I see there was a long thread about this patch this weekend. Does
this mean there will be another version?

Dan