It seems that actually nobody read my initial post on that thread...
so let me repeat

There are two disjoint tasks:
 - add semantic to Map and Morphism (Sage)
 - gather the list of meaningful maps (Sage/FindStat)

First of all, most of us agree that we need more semantic at the level
of maps. Note that Morphism is already a way of providing semantics as
it tells that the map preserves some structure. It will not hurt me
too much to have aliases satistics and combinatorial_map for whatever
they are. But the semantic has to be implemented at the level of maps
not at the level of methods.

As Vivianne agreed: combinatoral_map is currently an empty class whose
purpose is to tag some methods as being of the good kind. The only
semantic added is "that method is actually a map".

Secondly, there is the thing at what FindStat is good: gathering  the
set of meaningful maps from Parent A to Parent B. I will not develop
on the technical part underlying this question as it was already
discussed. But it would be good to have the infrastructure and some of
the information in Sage. In other words, a function which register
maps
{{{
sage: my_map = build_map_from_method(domain, range, category=X,
method_name='toto', injective=True)
sage: register_map(my_map)
}}}
In some places, a decorator might be the way to proceed.

Vincent