> Ceterum censeo: Please do not put too much semantic into an attribute of
> the map. It will be a burden for the map, will cost memory, and will be
> difficult to search.

I would personally really like to get semantic information about maps
implemented in Sage. This starts with automated concatenating maps,
and does not even end with information about a map in the Journal of
Applied Nonsense. I am sure you have reasons to vote for a centralized
system where to store such information. But how am I then convincing
someone knowing that information to add that information there? What I
like about a local system (preferably accompanying the code of the
very method) is that it makes it easy for the person having
information about a specific map to provide that information.

Of course, that information must be organized to be searchable
properly. But I don't see a problem there beside conventional namings.