On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 09:57:58PM -0500, William Stein wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Matthew Rennekamp
> <mister41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm working on the www.sagemath.org & SageWiki. What happened to
> > combinat.sagemath.org? Are there other places those files are stored?
>
> The machine exists, and I have a backup copy of all files.  As with
> sage.math.washington.edu, let me know if you're interested in going
> through and collating and cleaning things up, and I can get you
> access...

Matthew: Thanks for bringing this up. I was busy with other things and
not keeping an eye on this. It would be very good indeed to revive
combinat.sagemath.org.

- combinat.sagemath.org/* (but misc/ doc/ patches/) used to be just a
  redirection for:

        https://wiki.sagemath.org/combinat/*

  so all the wiki info is there; all we need is someone with
  appropriate permission to reinstate that redirection.

- combinat.sagemath.org/misc/ used to serve a mercurial repo to share
  files (in particular sources for many talks and papers). It would be
  good to reinstate it in one form or the other in rw. We could just
  migrate it as a git repo on github (e.g. github.com/sagemath/combinat/).

- combinat.sagemath.org/doc used to point to the Sage documentation,
  compiled with the legacy Sage-Combinat queue applied; not that
  useful except for a couple worthwhile tutorials. We could reinstate
  them in some other form.

  In general, it would be nice to have a repo collecting in-the-write
  thematic tutorials. Typically as a pip package hosted on github
  (e.g. github.com/sagemath/thematic_tutorials/) with output on
  readthedocs.

- combinat.sagemath.org/patches used to be a mercurial repo holding
  the Sage-Combinat queue. There still is a lot of code there that
  could be rescued. So it would be good to reinstate it in one form or
  the other (e.g. publicly browsable mercurial or git repo somewhere
  like github.com/sagemath/combinatOldPatchQueue/). read only is just
  fine.

The files for both repo above used to be stored in the combinat user's
home on combinat.sagemath.org, together with a README summarizing the
above. Anne, Florent and myself (plausibly others) had ssh access to
this account.

William: if the machine is still running, could you grant us (and
Matthew if so he wishes) ssh access? The keys should be in the usual
.ssh/authorized_keys.

Matthew: Help welcome :-)

Cheers,
                Nicolas