On Thursday 03 May 2007 18:33, Joel B. Mohler wrote:
> Alpha 2 builds fine on x86 Gentoo, but it has a whole bunch of make test
> errors. The entire list of files is below.  The ones I reran and looked at
> individually all seem to be related to singular.  I know basically nothing
> about interacting with singular aside from through sage so I don't really
> know how to debug any further than a cursory inspection.

Got it. I kind of messed up in the Makefile.in such that LIB doesn't link to
lib but to

 LIB -> /tmp/sage-2.5.alpha2/spkg/build/singular-3-0-2-20070424/Singular/LIB

. Also, the *.lib scripts didn't get installed.

 Maybe replacing install-nolns in the Makefile.in by:

installslib-nolns: LIB
        test -d ${slibdir} || ${INSTALL} -d `pwd`/LIB ${slibdir}
        ${INSTALL} `pwd`/LIB/*.lib ${slibdir}
        ${MKINSTALLDIRS} ${slibdir}/gftables
        ${INSTALL} `pwd`/LIB/gftables/* ${slibdir}/gftables/

i.e. testing if slibdir is directory fixes the problem already? Unfortunately
I cannot test it right now.

Martin

PS: cf.pyx should be disabled (it is going to be replaced by libSINGULAR very
soon)

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99