I could volunteer some time at the joint meetings at a table.  I hope
by then to be at least a small scale developer.

I am very interested in using sage in the courses I teach, but I
initially became interested for research reasons.  It would be great
to have a special session at the 2009 joint meetings for research
using sage.  I would be happy to help organize that if any help is
needed.

On wikipedia there are alreay quite a few examples of code snippets
written in Python or Perl.  Depending on the context, I think pure
python makes more sense than sage for what I've seen since it is more
portable/accessible to most people.  If you are illustrating one
specific idea, you can usually do it in python.  Of course, for very
mathematical subject matter (like modular forms) it may make more
sense to use sage.

-Marshall Hampton