From: "Bill Page" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Being a Windows user, I can't agree less.
>
> ??? In my reading of English this sounds like you strongly disagree. :-(

Yes, my English is not that great. Certainly I meant "strongly agree" :-)

> I am not sure if this is necessary but apparently Python can be built
> under MSYS/MinGW (I haven't tried this). See:

I meant that the standard Windows Python available from python.org was built
using Visual Studio 2005. I tried once to build it with Visual C++ Express
2005 (that is free as beer), and it worked fine, too.

In general, I think that the best way for using Sage in Windows would be not
to include such things as Python, Singular, GAP etc., but assume that users
already have them, or are able to install them themselves - that would make
porting much easier.

Alec