On Sep 25, 6:40 pm, Bill Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I still have a question about how one computes an approximate
> polynomial for a + b for algebraic a and b, given approximate
> polynomials for a and b, using interval arithmetic.

I don't. :-)

There are several possible representations for an algebraic real in my
code.  An algebraic real can be  a rational number, it can be a
particular root (selected by giving an interval containing the root)
of a polynomial with algebraic coefficients, or it can be the sum,
difference, product, or quotient of algebraic reals.  So the
representation for a+b, with algebraic a and b, is a+b.

Carl