Some hopefully-useful comments:

Overall, I am not sure why the project is running this server. I think we
> are spreading ourselves pretty thin here. There is also:
> - https://groups.google.com/g/sage-support
> - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/sage

50 questions in last 6 months - thankfully, not as many about the Sage ERP
software as in the past - so nowhere near the volume of ask.sagemath?  But
see below.

> - https://stackexchange.com/search?q=sage
> - https://mathoverflow.net/search?q=sage

negligible

Also https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/sagemath - 50
questions in the past 18 months.

Though I haven't had time to contribute to any of these regularly since
somewhat before the pandemic, my observations are twofold on this:
1) The same people were helping on both the SE sites and ask.sagemath
2) The response time and quality (and number of answers) were all better on
ask.sagemath
It's possible this has changed recently, but more likely it is just that
some of the networking issues have made it less reliable, but haven't
improved service on the other sites. Contributors to answers have liked
ask.sagemath.

I do notice that ask.sagemath has for some time only reported "0 years ago"
for recent questions - I don't think the askbot developer
(https://askbot.com) has been super productive lately and of course we
don't have the ability to support that software as well as Sage itself.
 That seems to be more of a sticking point, though I think Thierry and
Samuel will have some relevant comments on that.

As for sage-support, it's always surprising to me how many "customers"
simply disappear as soon as you mention asking a question there - somehow
they either want a Q&A site, or to ask on Facebook, or whatever.  I don't
really know why this happens, but clearly the Q&A sites (in toto) are
necessary.

Finally, to anticipate a question that has come up in the past on this
issue, I had previously inquired with a SE employee about transferring
data, and it seems it's not really a viable option.  (As a very tangential
note, one could make a similar observation about Trac versus GH/GL - could
one take all those very useful discussions and import them?)