On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 6:49 AM Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 12:44 AM William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here's some very quick thoughts, some on topic and some off:
> >
> > - The original author of the software that ask.sagemath.org runs did
> > initially do the configuration at some point long ago.  He was starting a
> > business to support instances in exchange for money.  I wonder if that is
> > still around?
>
> contact details, etc are here: https://askbot.com/
> (their own instance is running version 0.10.3)

Thanks.  It looks like the obvious thing we would have to buy would be
his hosting service, which is $45/month and provides this (see below).
It seems like he doesn't offer any sort of "manage your existing site"
service anymore.  An obvious question is whether or not he would also
migrate our existing site over to his hosted service.  Also, we would
be switching from "trust Thierry for backups, long term existence,
etc." to "trust random guy in Chile who has nothing to do with Sage
and also trust that William can ensure the $45/month gets paid
somehow."      So it seems he doesn't really provide the service
(namely -- help us upgrade to the latest version) that he used to
provide, and I can see why (it is probably a pain in the butt to do).

30 day free trial
All standard features
SSL Support
Single Sign On