The "./configure" part of the installation of sage advice this:
database_cremona_ellcurve-20190911:          optional, use "./configure
--enable-database_cremona_ellcurve" to install

Therefore, if I were you, after updating the source tree with git let's
say, I would do:

make configure
./configure --enable-database_cremona_ellcurve
MAKE='make -j8' make

to compile sagemath in parallel such a way that it automatically installs
the desired optional packages in whatever ordering respecting the
dependencies which works.

You may also want more such "enable" as follows:

./configure \
            --enable-experimental-packages \
            --enable-download-from-upstream-url \
            --enable-ccache \
            --enable-database_cremona_ellcurve

You may consult the config.log file which lists a lot of them.

Sincerely,

Sébastien