Hello,

I am in the same mood as Travis : if I was to consider a move to
github I would like to have a clear and complete overview of the
changes in the workflow (how do we set ticket dependencies? how
reviews will work? management of releases? etc). For me the discussion
in this thread is very premature as there is no proposal of this sort.
The "moving to github" does not specify how things will work.

I see clear advantages of moving to github. The first being trac
maintenance and a second example that William mentioned is that it
might lower the barrier for newcomers. But there are also plenty of
reasons not to migrate. The first one I think is that we might loose
active developers. Let me recall that the move from mercurial to git
some 10 years ago made many active developers quit.

So I would like to propose that ticket #30363 instead of being
technical (ie how do we do the move) explains
- a concrete proposal for a github workflow (there might be several of them)
- list the pros
- list the cons
Then we could proceed with a reasonable discussion on whether we will
do such move.

Ideally (if we had illimited developer time) I would like to encourage
the possibility of having both trac and github. If I recall correctly,
it was possible to authenticate to trac with github account and make
PR on github that automatically transformed into a ticket on trac.

Best
Vincent