Hi Matthias,

Happy to see that you are curious regarding the modularization project, but
I don't think it's a good approach to start this discussion with claims
that sound authoritative ("nobody will actually maintain", "does not
scale", "nearly all end users", etc.) and a policy proposal.

Yes, you're right. I do not have any hard analytic data to support what
users want and are doing, and that observation is based solely on my years
of experience with working with Sage, going to and speaking at SageDays,
and convincing people to start using Sage. However, there is clear evidence
that the current approach is not scaling by the amount of work that is
going in and frequent updates/fixed that is needed to be done. Currently,
only you are the one doing this. Some of that is the lack of discussion
(which I would like to have seen given the large scale nature of this
change, which is implicitly setting policy by default). You can disagree
with my conclusions and proposal, but I want to actually talk about that
rather than having dismissive comments. Can you provide any specific
counterpoints and your expectations? What you posted on the other thread
does not address any of these.

Best,
Travis