Well any python code fails to work as expected:

try: sage-python -c "import sys"
 File "<string>", line 1
    import
         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

... -c "print;print" # will print two line feeds however

this came up when trying to configure boost for sage, wherein
configure has:

$PYTHON -c "import sys; print (\"%d.%d\" % (sys.version_info[0],
sys.version_info[1]))"`