On Aug 29, 4:52 pm, Carl Witty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Aug 29, 4:36 pm, "Philippe Saade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

Hi,

> > after many discussion with Sage potential users (this week, around
> > me), i get convinced that it would be great to use Blender Python APi
> > to rendre 3D scenes and animations.
>
> > I have done some 3D animations few years ago with Blender (all of
> > science facts, so mostly computed mesh) and even if the learning of
> > the API sometimes was hard, the result was really satisfactory to me.
>
> > Has anybody an opinion on that ?
>
> I think it would be great to have an optional Blender spkg, and some
> code in the Sage library to facilitate working with the API from
> within Sage (for instance, a Blender backend for plot3d).
>
> Once we got some experience with this, we could talk about making
> Blender a standard part of Sage, but I doubt if we'd do that...
> Blender is awfully big (the Debian package is more than 20 megabytes).

Hehe, jmol isn't exactly lightweight either, but I agree with Carl
here. In the future of Sage I see a core that people will start
building distribution like packages around, i.e. Sage for Physicists
for example.

> Unfortunately, I don't have any time to work on this project.

Fortunately there are Blender Python bindings - see

http://www.blender.org/documentation/245PythonDoc/API_intro-module.html

> Carl

Cheers,

Michael