On Sep 21, 10:29 am, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Tim Abbott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > All of the dependencies for Sage are in Debian unstable, though some
> > of them will not be in Lenny.  The sagemath package isn't entering
> > unstable because it hasn't been reviewed for copyright problems.  At
> > this point, it is my guess that the sagemath package will sit in
> > review delay until Lenny goes out (which was scheduled for this month)
> > -- I get the feeling that the people who review things for copyright
> > problems are all busy with release issues.
>
> > As for the two bugs, I just closed the LinBox bug; it was accidentally
> > left open when LinBox got included in Debian a couple months ago.

Ok, note that we are updating LinBox and Givaro in 3.1.3 due to some
bugs as well as build issues.

> > The zodb issue is a real problem; one cannot access the Sage databases
> > until it is fixed.
>
> Hi,
>
> Just out of curiosity does anybody but *me* actually use ZODB to make
> databases for Sage or care about zodb?
> Maybe we could remake the sage zodb's to not use zodb, and get rid
> of zodb from sage.

Well, these days we seem to have plenty of methods to build databases
in Sage, but ZODB seems to be a rarther harmless and small spkg. So I
would be fine updating it.

> William

One more thing: With polybori-0.5 you need to link the extension
pbori.pyx statically since otherwise you get a segfault at exit. I am
not sure if the PolyBoRi are aware of that problem (they fixed a
similar issue for us with 0.3, but introduced another one in 0.5).

Cheers,

Michael