Some random questions about the optional packages available for Sage:

Which is more up-to-date: the list obtained by 'sage --optional', or
the list on the wiki <http://wiki.sagemath.org/
optional_packages_available_for_SAGE>?  (I'm guessing the former.)

Is the list obtained by 'sage --optional' the same as the list on
sagemath.org <http://sagemath.org/packages/optional/>?  (I think so.)

Should the optional packages boehm_gc-7.1.p0 and jmol-11.5.2-src-v2 be
deleted, because the first is now a standard package and for the
second, the (presumably newer) package jmol-11.6.rc8 is standard?

I've also been trying to put together short descriptions of these, to
be put on various web pages and listed when you type 'sage --
optional'.  What's the procedure for implementing something like
this?  Should I open a trac ticket, and if so, what file(s) do I
patch?  (I can also post my list of descriptions here in sage-devel
for people to comment on.)

It would also be nice to have descriptions for the standard packages
and the experimental ones, while we're at it...

  John