On Jan 3, 5:47 am, "Georg S. Weber" <georgswe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

> Hi, I've got a crash report, which might be a blocker for 3.2.3:

Nope, this is not an issue with 3.2.3, but 3.2.2. And this was done on
purpose to catch exactly this issue since it has slipped by us in
releases twice already.

> In the course of building and installing 3.2.3.final, an empty file "/
> Users/georgweber/.sage/init.sage" was created (I remember having seen
> the corresponding output line).

Just apply the two fixes from #4845 to that 3.2.2 build and the issue
is gone. All the eight or so version I tested since Sage 3.0 are not
affected by this bug except 3.2.2, so I see no reason to change this.

> I didn't check out yet Sage 3.2.3(final) itself, if it starts up with
> the empty "init.sage" file, or putting a space or something similar
> into "init.sage". But I have to leave for several hours.

It works fine with 3.2.3 which was the whole point of creating an
init.sage.

> Cheers,
> gsw

Cheers,