On Feb 10, 9:27 pm, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zzn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> mabshoff wrote:

<SNIP>

> I'm just starting to test this on my x86_64 openSUSE 11.1 Linux system.
> Just out of curiosity, how come R is all the way back at 2.6.1? The R
> project is now at 2.8.1, and I think 2.9 is coming in April.

Yeah, I know, but nobody bothered to update it. We had some issues
with Aqua support on OSX that we now know to work around (but those
fixes aren't in the tree yet) and there was talk b y the R people of
mandating libiconv in some future version of R and libiconv is not
working too well with R on various platforms like FreeBSD, Solaris 10
or Cygein. I do not know whose fault this is and I never
investigated.

> --
> M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Cheers,