Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> Marshall Hampton wrote:
>> I am trying to make an spkg for 4ti2, but I am having trouble getting
>> it to recognize GMP.  I'm sure many people on this list are more
>> qualified than I am to figure that out.
>>
>> t4i2 requires the linear programming package glpk, which I think I did
>> succeed in making an spkg for - at least it works on my mac, and its
>> pretty minimal so I would think it works on linux.
>>
>> My current attempts are at:
>>
>> http://www.d.umn.edu/~mhampton/4ti2.p0.spkg
>> http://www.d.umn.edu/~mhampton/glpk.p0.spkg
>>
>> in case anyone wants to take a look and fix or improve them.
>>
>> -Marshall
>
> I decided to download glpk and try it on Solaris.
>
> I was going to congratulate you on there being no warnings messages from
> the compiler, then thought I'd suggest the -Wall flag was added if the
> compiler was the GNU one.

Sorry, I realised it was probably not you that wrote the glpk package,
and so it is not you throwing warnings to /dev/null.

But IMHO it would be worth removing the junk that throws warnings away,
then see what warnings there are on each OS and fix them. There seems to
be a few packages in Sage that hide warning messages - I'm not so sure
its a good idea to add more that do this.