Hi

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 03:52:08AM -0700, Simon King wrote:
> Anyway, you can use the environment variable SAGE_TESTDIR. I just did
> the following on sage.math:
>   $ mkdir tst
>   $ export SAGE_TESTDIR=`pwd`/tst/
>   $ sage -t test.py
> where test.py is some Python file in the working directory. It
> worked!

We did this. It works with a test file doing simple instructions, not
with doctests.

I am now trying to learn clone and hg to apply the patch at
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/attachment/ticket/6861/trac_6861_new.patch

It seems to me this is all working:

sudo -i
cd /usr/local/src/sage-4.1.1/
sage -b main # we still patch user.conf locally for less history
sage -clone sage-t-doctest-patch
cd devel/sage-sage-t-doctest-patch/
hg qinit
hg qimport /usr/local/src/trac_6861_new.patch

and then I get

0 r...@muizenberg:/usr/local/src/sage-4.1.1/devel/sage-sage-t-doctest-patch#hg
qpush
applying trac_6861_new.patch
unable to find 'sage-doctest' for patching
10 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file sage-doctest.rej
unable to find 'sage-env' for patching
1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file sage-env.rej
patch failed, unable to continue (try -v)
patch failed, rejects left in working dir
Errors during apply, please fix and refresh trac_6861_new.patch

regards,
Jan
--
   .~.