On Sep 10, 12:14 pm, Jan Groenewald <j...@aims.ac.za> wrote:

> I am now trying to learn clone and hg to apply the patch at
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/attachment/ticket/6861/trac_6861_n...
> patch failed, unable to continue (try -v)
> patch failed, rejects left in working dir

The easy way to apply the patch is from within sage:

Ensure that the patch is in the directory from which you're going to
run sage, or give a full pathname below.  Then do the following
(crucial that it's hg_scripts not hg_sage):

    prompt$ sage

    | Sage Version 4.1.1, Release Date:
2009-08-14                       |
    | Type notebook() for the GUI, and license() for
information.        |

    sage: hg_scripts.import_patch('trac_6861_new.patch')

There's no point in making a clone because this is the scripts
repository,
which doesn't get cloned.

I believe that my patch should solve your problem, but I admit that I
haven't checked every possibility.  I'd be very interesting to hear
how it behaves in your setup.

Francis