Hi Minh,

> > They all looks like they should be deprecated and removed... If it's true I
> > rather improving the doctest coverage by removing them than adding
> > doctests... However I'd like to have the confirmation that they are indeed
> > obsolete...
>
> We are aiming for a Sage 5.0 release. The major version number says
> it: don't expect backwards compatibility. So whatever functions,
> methods, classes, modules that are deprecated should be removed in
> Sage 5.0. Now it's time to take stock of deprecated stuff that are
> over 60 months old and plan to remove them. Let's be brutal wherever
> we can :-)

I like this way of seeing. However, I was speaking about module or functions
which are not tested nor deprecated and nowhere used into sage (easy to check
using grep). Does it make sens to remove them without a deprecation warning ?
Many code seems to had been put here, just in case it is useful, and was never
used by the sage lib itself, but maybe by some users...

Do we agree on the policy:

 - If a user need a code, he should take care to document and test it.
 - Corollary: any code which is not tested, nor used can be safely removed
 without a deprecation warning.

Cheers,

Florent