Hi Robert,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Robert Miller <r...@rlmiller.org> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Yes, exactly. Or 5 modules, or 100. I want to go down the list and
> start writing doctests for the first module I see there which I feel
> relatively comfortable working on.

See the updated coverage report at

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mvngu/doctest-coverage/

It now has a section called "Strategic reports" that has various lists
of modules. For example, the first list is a strategic list of 180
modules, if all of which were to have full coverage, then the 90%
coverage goal would be met. At the moment, 180 modules is the lowest I
could get with a quick-and-dirty approach via itertools.combinations()
and then get the very first list that satisfies the 90% goal. The
problem essentially boils down to the subset sum problem. But my
approach so far has been quick-and-dirty. I wanted to present an
overview of where in the Sage library one could devote attention to in
working towards the 90% goal of Sage 5.0. There are 3 processes
running on mod.math at the moment, trying to decrease the list down to
say 170, 160, and 150 strategic modules. From the look of it, it could
take hours or days before any of these three processes return a lower
strategic list than 180 modules.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen