On Monday, September 26, 2011 9:28:24 AM UTC-7, Rob Gross wrote:

> Thanks for any more ideas.  This is a busy week for me, but I'll try
> to test any suggestions as soon as they come in.

Have you tried Dima's suggestion?  Just to be safe, I would start with a
fresh download of the Sage source.  Then either rename /usr/local to
something else, like /usr/local-temp (temporarily), or make sure that no
directories from /usr/local are in any relevant environment variables.  Then
build Sage.  Then move /usr/local back to where it belongs.

--
John