Le 22/03/2013 17:37, leif a écrit :
Julien Puydt wrote:
Le 21/03/2013 07:04, Julien Puydt a écrit :
I'll post the results of "make ptestlong" when I'll have had the time to
run it (could take a few days).

I didn't manage to run "make ptestlong" correctly : after a while, the
box get loaded like crazy and tests start to fail with timeouts. I had a
hard time getting a shell and running top, but found several
long-running python processes and a gp one, which is strange since I run
the tests with a single thread.

What changed in the sage internals which could trigger this kind of
behaviour?

Don't know, but single-threaded *ptestlong*?

Did you set SAGE_NUM_THREADS=1? I'd rather use 'make testlong' instead.

Ah, I meant I didn't:
$ export MAKE="make"
$ make ptestlong

with the intent that the box wouldn't be too loaded and hence:
- wouldn't fail tests only for time reasons ;
- would still be available for my work.

But perhaps that doesn't do what I think?

In any case, I hadn't all those problems before 5.8...

Snark on #sagemath