Le 21/03/2013 19:39, Julien Puydt a écrit :
Le 21/03/2013 07:04, Julien Puydt a écrit :
I'll post the results of "make ptestlong" when I'll have had the time to
run it (could take a few days).

I didn't manage to run "make ptestlong" correctly : after a while, the
box get loaded like crazy and tests start to fail with timeouts. I had a
hard time getting a shell and running top, but found several
long-running python processes and a gp one, which is strange since I run
the tests with a single thread.

What changed in the sage internals which could trigger this kind of
behaviour?

I retried with "export SAGE_NUM_THREADS=1" : it made it possible to run ptestlong, with the following results :

- combinat/tutorial.py now timeouts (perhaps I'll retry that one without X running...)

- the usual gamma-related failures ;

- timeouts in quadratic forms code (can't those tests be made lighter?)

- strange errors in cmdline.py, which look related to the fact that I had to rm *spkg in spkg/standard to have enough room to make the bdist.

Could all those problems be related :

- ptestlong mostly broken on ARM, with rogue processes if SAGE_NUM_THREADS isn't set to 1 (5.8) ;

- docbuilding broken in FreeBSD (5.8 if I remember well) ;

- docbuilding broken similarly in debian (5.8) ;

- John Cremona and Andrey Novoseltsev reporting rogue processes during ptestlong (5.9.beta0)

?

Snark on #sagemath