On Thursday, 4 July 2013 10:44:40 UTC-6, Snark wrote:

> Le 04/07/2013 17:04, Andrey Novoseltsev a �crit :
> > Regarding PALP breaking or not - it has different speed and capabilities
> > depending on compile-time limits. Sage package actually compiles several
> > versions of it and adds maximum dimension to executable file names. It
> > is probably quite incompatible with what any distribution does.
>
> I know. But testing deliberately compiling something with a parameter in
> one place (the palp spkg) and testing that it breaks at parameter+1 in
> another place (the sage lib) is just weird: what is the point!?
>
> Snark on #sagemath

To document this behaviour, show a workaround and make sure that using PALP
compiled for different dimensions works? It is not OK to just use system
PALP compiled for dimension 11 or whatever always, e.g. Hodge number
computations will not work in any version but for top dimension 4. Maybe it
is not quite clear from doctests, but it is really nice that Sage this
ability of quickly choosing which dimension you need, I definitely used it
and Volker too, I imagine, since he implemented this in spkg.