On Monday, July 8, 2013 11:08:57 AM UTC+2, vdelecroix wrote:

> Le dimanche 7 juillet 2013 22:06:12 UTC+1, Paul Mercat a écrit :
>
>> As it's recommanded, I give here the error I get when I try to compile
>> sage 5.10 on my MacBook pro :
>> ld: library not found for -lpng
>>

> The problem comes from the fact that there should be a library libpng
> somewhere but the compiler was not able to find it. It looks like the
> problem in
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12630593/g-linking-with-libpng. I let
> the mac expert answer to this.
>
> I've installed the library libpng-1.6.2 (the lastest), and now the
compilation is successfull.
BUT the tests don't pass : the checks fails each time there is a plot or
some graphical result.
Here is the error I get each time :

libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.35 but running with 1.6.2
Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred in Sage.
This probably occurred because a *compiled* component of Sage has a bug
in it and is not properly wrapped with sig_on(), sig_off(). You might
want to run Sage under gdb with 'sage -gdb' to debug this.
Sage will now terminate.

So I've try to install a other version of libpng libpng-1.2.50 (more near
to libpng-1.2.35), and recompile all sage.
(I've not found the version libpng-1.2.35 on the libpng website)
Now I've a new error when I compiling sage :

 File
"/Applications/sage-5.10/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/structure/sequence.py",

line 289, in Sequence
    from sage.rings.polynomial.pbori import BooleanMonomialMonoid
ImportError:
dlopen(/Applications/sage-5.10/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/rings/polynomial/pbori.so,

2): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Applications/sage-5.10/local/lib/libpolybori_groebner-0.8.dylib.3.0.0
  Reason: Incompatible library version:
libpolybori_groebner-0.8.dylib.3.0.0 requires version 51.0.0 or later, but
libpng12.0.dylib provides version 36.0.0

real 0m7.212s
user 0m0.957s
sys 0m0.446s
Error installing package conway_polynomials-0.4.p0
Please email sage-devel (http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel)
explaining the problem and including the relevant part of the log file
  /Applications/sage-5.10/logs/pkgs/conway_polynomials-0.4.p0.log
Describe your computer, operating system, etc.
If you want to try to fix the problem yourself, *don't* just cd to
/Applications/sage-5.10/spkg/build/conway_polynomials-0.4.p0 and type
'make' or whatever is appropriate.
Instead, the following commands setup all environment variables
correctly and load a subshell for you to debug the error:
  (cd '/Applications/sage-5.10/spkg/build/conway_polynomials-0.4.p0' &&
'/Applications/sage-5.10/sage' --sh)
When you are done debugging, you can type "exit" to leave the subshell.
make[2]: ***
[/Applications/sage-5.10/spkg/installed/conway_polynomials-0.4.p0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

real 202m38.206s
user 164m49.863s
sys 17m57.458s
Error building Sage.

What is the right version of libpng that I have to install ?
And why this library is not installed automatically as every other ones
needed by sage ?
This library seems to be the only problem I have.

> I would like very much to fix this problem, because I would like to
>> participate to the developpement of sage (for example to add finite state
>> automatons).
>>

> Cool! Regarding finite state automatons, there is yet a patch which
> handles this at http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12996 which is
> almost finished (and as you are hyperbolic you may like
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9439).
>
> Thank you for the links, I will see that more in details when I will
succed to compile sage correctly.

Paul