Im not really for this.
Do we actually need horribly compilcated spkg-install scripts?
Most of the time its just patch/configure/make/make install or
patch/build/install.
If we really need something more involved it's a good point that upstream
is kind of broken (I'm actually aware of one python spkg-install scripts
and its build system is indeed kind of unique).
What scripting language use Gentoo in ebuilds?
Anyway, I'm not strongly against this....