How about you put some money where your mouth is and e.g. work with ATLAS
to provide them with a better build system. If you don't then you'll have
to agree with me that it would be a great goal but its just is not going to
build you an ATLAS library anytime soon. I've helped a number of upstream
projects to improve their build system, so its not like we don't do that.