On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:20:09 AM UTC-4, John Cremona wrote:

> The other factor is that some modules are themselves very long (thousands
> of lines) withough -- necessarily -- having long individual tests.  Though
> probably they do.

Only the time needed for a single test is used to decide to print a warning
or not. Many short doctests will never trigger it, no matter how many tests
there are in the module. For example:

sage -t --long --warn-long 54.1 src/sage/calculus/riemann.pyx
File "src/sage/calculus/riemann.pyx", line 1036, in
sage.calculus.riemann.Riemann_Map.plot_colored
Warning, slow doctest:
    m.plot_colored(plot_points=1000)  # long time (29s on sage.math, 2012)
Test ran for 66.52 s
    [174 tests, 128.26 s]
sage -t --long --warn-long 54.1 src/sage/combinat/similarity_class_type.py