On 2014-12-27, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-12-27, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yo !
>>
>>> I did give it here:
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/JtVWAdvw-3A/603M_PziLfUJ
>>>
>>> (if it matters, my git version is 1.9.1)
>>
>> Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! That's because your git instal contains a
>> complete copy of the trac's git server. You've got "ALL" branches on
>> your computer. So when you download a new branch, it remembers the
>> remote name that this branch has : trac/u/dimpase/16929
>>
>> In this case, "the branch u/dimpase/16329 that is on the trac remote".
>> I used the "--single-branch" flag when I "git cloned" Sage for the
>> first time, so that only "develop" is linked with trac's develop on my
>> machine. No other branches
>
> I don't know how one can automatically maintain a mirror of git trac,
> without running a special script, and I believe I don't do this.
>
> I just created a frech branch on git trac, from another machine:
> clpc171$ touch blah
> clpc171$ git add blah
> clpc171$ git commit -m 'testing server'
> [blah 81e1e09] testing server
>  1 file changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 blah
> clpc171$ git push --set-upstream trac HEAD:u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish
> Counting objects: 11, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (2/2), 262 bytes | 0 bytes/s, done.
> Total 2 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
> To ssh://g...@trac.sagemath.org/sage.git
>  * [new branch]      HEAD -> u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish
> Branch blah set up to track remote branch u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish from
> trac.
>
> And now on my laptop:
>
> $ git fetch trac u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish
> remote: Counting objects: 3, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
> remote: Total 2 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Unpacking objects: 100% (2/2), done.
> From git://trac.sagemath.org/sage
>  * branch            u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish -> FETCH_HEAD
>  * [new branch]      u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish -> *
> trac/u/dimpase/blahblahrubbish
>
> Still the same picture!

And this is the potentially relevant part of SAGEROOT/.hg/config :

[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "trac"]
        url = git://trac.sagemath.org/sage.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/trac/*
        pushurl = g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git
[trac]
        username = dimpase

(and I don't have anything interesting in ~/.git* either)