On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 5:10:03 PM UTC+1, martin....@gmx.net wrote:

> Hadn't known of git-trac before. Since the tool has some sage settings
> hard-wired into it, perhaps it should be called git-sage instead, to avoid
> clashes?

My goal was to keep git-trac as independent as possible from Sage. There
are only few Sage-specific things in there, but (like trac
username/password) could be moved to configuration options inside the repo.
I was hoping that our git + track setup would end up being useful for other
projects as well.

 Reading the documentation now for the first time, some things are not
> perfectly clear. For example, when creating a ticket, where does the ticket
> description come from?

Tickets are created without description. You need a web browser for that.
New tickets don't have a branch attached.

The printed code snippet doesn't show it, and the text doesn't mention it.
> The text also doesn't say where the content of the remote branch comes
> from. So should I do this step at a point where I already have some
> modifications locally, or can I do this at any time?

If you already have modifications that are not in a separate branch then
put them in a local branch. Ideally, get in the habit of starting a new
branch before making changes.

If you aleready have commits in a local branch you can just "git trac push
NNNN"  (where NNNN = ticket number)

You can create a new local branch with "git trac checkout NNNN"