> In my experience, at this point Java-based Jmol on OS X is a lost
> cause.  It *was* working in OS X 10.something for me a few months ago
> embedded in sagenb.org, but now it doesn't.  In fact, even the java
> applets at the Jmol website don't work for me in any browser, even
> with Java applets enabled in my browser.  The browser shows messages
> like " For security, applications must now meet the requirements for
> the High or Very High security settings, or be part of the Exception
> Site List, to be allowed to run. More Information."      If you start
> to google "jmol" the autocomplete is "jmol applet blocked".

But the jsmol should be working fine in the notebook, right?  And the jmol
itself should work okay from the command line - it was the combination that
required an unusual Java combination; in fact, I have an older Java
(apparently ok by the Java folks, based on some documentation I read) than
the Apple-provided updates to it just so I can continue testing this on my
computer.