Ticket 15056 is also interesting - try run it explicitly and one will get:

Switched to branch 'patchbot/base'
Already on 'patchbot/base'
fatal: 'None' does not appear to be a git repository

Is that connected to the fact that in ticket 15056 the 'git_branch' is
empty and the ticket provides a patch file?