On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Samuel Lelievre
<samuel.lelie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a bot (called sageb0t) that turns pull requests on GitHub into trac
> tickets.
>
> It might be that the bot also closes pull requests when the corresponding
> tickets
> have been closed on trac and a new public release of Sage happens (github
> pull
> requests are typically against the master branch and public releases are
> when
> this branch gets updated).
>
> The bot is maintained by Robert Bradshaw, he might be able to comment more.
> See https://wiki.sagemath.org/Infrastructure

Oh, I didn't know that!  I was just thinking the other day that we
should have such a thing.  Good to see it's already done.

Additionally, I think we should allow issues (without code) to be
posted on GitHub, and have an easy way to convert a GitHub issue to a
Trac ticket.  I don't think it should be done for all issues, but
rather use GitHub as the "user-facing" issue tracker, while Trac is
the developer-facing issue tracker.  So a one-click way to make a Trac
ticket from a GitHub issue could be useful.