On 21 September 2016 at 12:55, Frédéric Chapoton <fchapot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is because the patchbot called with "sage -patchbot" needs currently to
> be launched from the branch of https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/20736
>
> So you need to switch back to this branch.. This is very inconvenient, but
> as long as this ticket is not closed, thiis is like that. I would strongly
> advise that you use the other way to launch the patchbot, as explained in
>
> https://wiki.sagemath.org/buildbot/details

OK, so that worked after I replaced the line found there with

./sage -python -m sage_patchbot.patchbot --sage-root=$PWD

(starting in the Sage root directory).  I suggest that the wiki is
changed to remove the way which just failed, and also to use "sage
-python" instead of "python".

So patchbot fermat is running again, currently testing the base (which
I thought it best not to skip in the circumstances).

John