Le mercredi 26 octobre 2016 03:12:04 UTC+2, Volker Braun a écrit :

> One issue with curl is that you sooner or later will need the root
> certificates to use it, namely when you start downloading from a https
> site. E.g. in hashstack I recently added the root certs:
>
> https://github.com/hashdist/hashstack/issues/969
>
> This issue already faces us with openssl but since we actually don't use
> it much we could avoid it so far. But when replacing curl in the PATH we
> are going to run into that issue.

This issue is *distinct* from the one I'm trying to solve (iL e. satisfy
R's prerequisites). Should't you open a relevant ticket ?

> I would be happy with adding curl (and up-to-date root certificates) to
> the list of system requirements for building Sage and avoid that can of
> worms.

That would be a good solution, but a bit at ill ease with the "batteries
included" motto. Ditto for possible addition of xz and pcre.

> PS: and no, you can't use the OS-provided certs, since Apple had to cook
> their own sauce once more.

<Sigh...> BTW, what is the point of buying an expensive Mac for running
Sage ?

--
Emmanuel Charpentier