On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Kwankyu Lee <ekwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 4:41:32 PM UTC+1, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>>

>> Why do this? I guess this will mostly lead to bitrotting code that would
>> better be merged into Sage.
>

> It seems a nice way to share code that enhances Sage in special areas, with
> least "friction". Users (and developers) don't want to have a behemoth Sage
> with all the code merged.

There is also a massive amount of code people write themselves, which
could be generally useful, which they never really share at all
because we don't have an organized endorsed way of doing so.   I hear
from tons of people about this often at the Sage booth at the Joint
Math meetings...

William

William (http://wstein.org)