On 2017-05-17 17:10, Daniel Krenn wrote:
I find this perfectly fine. I personally would write "Return whether
this lattice is contained in the other lattice", but I do not find any
need to include ``self`` in the one-line description.

Well, in general, sentences containing too many words like "this", "that", "it", "the $thing", ... are hard to understand. Perhaps the is_sublattice() example I gave might be acceptable, but I wouldn't push it much further.