I just upgraded an OS X box to Xcode 9.0, and now Sage doesn't build:

- with a fresh Sage 8.1.beta5 tarball, gcc doesn't build:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/functional:1398:2:

error: no member named 'fancy_abort' in namespace 'std::__1'; did you mean
simply 'fancy_abort'?
        _VSTD::abort();
        ^~~~~~~

I'll open a ticket and post the full gcc log.

- instead using trac 12426 (compile with clang instead of gcc), eclib
doesn't build:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:572:12:

error: call to function 'isnan' that is neither visible in the template
definition nor found by argument-dependent lookup
    return isnan(__lcpp_x);

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:592:12:

error: call to function 'isinf' that is neither visible in the template
definition nor found by argument-dependent lookup
    return isinf(__lcpp_x);

--
John