On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Emmanuel Charpentier
<emanuel.charpent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This question on ask.sagemath.org made me search Google about something
> called "Header cells". I found such a thing in the Jupyter documentation at
> Bryn Mawr College.
>
> It seems to me that this is a site-specific extension, not something
> standard, but I do not know how to find something authoritative about what
> is "standard" in Jupyter...

I'm not sure what you mean.  Header cells are a normal part of the
notebook.  As the name suggests it's just a special cell type for
section headers in the notebook.  You can also make headers by making
a normal markdown cell and putting in markdown-formatted headers, but
I think the point of header cells is that they are more inherently
part of the structure of the notebook itself, independent of the types
of cells following the header.  So the header cell can be moved around
relative to other cells and the notebook can keep track of it as part
of its structure, if that makes sense.

> It also seems to give some interesting possibilities : cross-referencing,
> automatic numbering, auto-table of contents.
>
> Do you think that this (or something like this) could be useful in our
> Jupyter notebook ?

You could do this in any Jupyter notebook I think.

Best,
Erik