On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 5:46 AM, 'Bill Hart' via sage-devel
<sage-devel@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I have a suggestion how this could be made more equitable for the many
> dependencies of Sage.

Regarding revamping the main landing page, i think it should be done
in a way in which all design decisions are focused around maximizing
value for our actual users.  E.g., there should be a much more
prominent link to Gregory Bard's book "Sage for undergrads", and for
the French (and soon English) book that Paul Z. started -- since many,
many potential users of Sage are lost without those.

But further, linking to dependencies should be done much more, but in
a way that provides clear value to users:

  - being able to better know what is in Sage
  - being able to read the original upstreams docs and source code more easily
  - knowing which upstreams devs to contact for *support*, to ask for
features, to contribute work, and to thank.
  - being able to properly acknowledge what they are using

In any case, I hope whoever works on this project thinks about how
what they do will be used by users to make their experience with Sage
better overall, and benefit the community.

William

William (http://wstein.org)