Dear all,

in ticket https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26586 I just learned:

   - The tests of individual functions within a single file are ALL
   executed in the same environment.
   - The tests of the individual functions within a single file are
   executed in random order.

So I thought, I'd try `sage -t --randorder`.  It turns out that there are
at least some failing tests in the combinat folder, see below.

I wonder how to continue with this.  Please excuse that the following
questions seem unrelated to each other - however, they all deal with the
same problem at different levels.

1) would it be easy and desirable to make the patchbots run tests in random
order?
2) concerning https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/26586, is it desirable to
define comparison for `CartesianProduct`?  Or should I fix the doctest in
an ad-hoc manner (converting the `CartesianProduct` to tuples, and then
sort?
3) at first I thought that it is good practise to sort output whose order
is essentially random, but I was told not to do this. Is this advice good?
4) would it be good for `Poset.upper_covers` return a list (or iterator) of
tuples instead of a list (or iterator) of lists? Then one could turn the
list into a set easily.
5) would it be a good idea to have `__repr__` use a "sorted output" for
objects that are sets from a mathematical perspective? Of course, this may
break the user expectation what the first element of the displayed sequence
is, but on the other hand, it may make at least some output easier to
understand.

Best,

Martin

Failing tests after one run (note that there is at least one more which is
not robust but does not show up by chance here: poset_examples.py...)

sage -t src/sage/combinat/free_module.py  # 4 doctests failed
sage -t src/sage/combinat/output.py  # 8 doctests failed
sage -t src/sage/combinat/partition.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t src/sage/combinat/k_tableau.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t src/sage/combinat/root_system/weyl_characters.py  # 1 doctest failed
sage -t src/sage/combinat/crystals/mv_polytopes.py  # 1 doctest failed