As promised here is a git repository
<https://github.com/gutow/Algebra_with_Sympy> with a myBinder demonstration
of what I have so far. Once I extend it to handling inequalities, it will
more than meet my use case needs.

Some have asked for more specifics. Here is a list of some of the more
important requirements:

1) Can be installed in a plain vanilla python3 virtual environment via pip
or simply as a python file to be loaded.
2) Does not conflict with SymPy or NumPy.
3) Will load and run fast enough to avoid user complaints on a Raspberry
Pi. One initial use case is being combined with Pi data acquisition
hardware and python tools for controlling them.
4) Makes sense to scientists in the fields of Physics, Chemistry and
Biology.

Thanks,
Jonathan