Hi Matthias,

On 2020-03-30, Matthias Köppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is outdated. We now generate an up-to-date version of this manual
> section at boostrapping time. Use "cat src/doc/en/installation/debian*.txt"
> to print it.
>
> Or re-run configure and take a look at the system package installation
> hints that it prints at the very end.
>
> (but note that libflint-arb-dev isn't available for me in ubuntu, no
>> idea why),
>

> Likely your ubuntu is too old.

Thanks. Trying what src/doc/en/installation/debian*.txt tells me:
Note, selecting 'zlib1g-dev' instead of 'libz-dev'
E: Unable to locate package libflint-arb-dev
E: Unable to locate package libplanarity-dev
E: Unable to locate package python3-distutils

Concerning too old:
$ uname -a
Linux klap 4.15.0-91-generic #92~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 28 14:57:22 UTC
2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS \n \l

I posted config.log here: https://users.fmi.uni-jena.de/~king/config.log