Hi all,

On 2020-03-31, Matthias Köppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I don't know, but I found these instructions:
>> > https://launchpad.net/~deadsnakes/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
>> > that also mention what packages should be installed
>>
>> Excellent! After installing them and doing ./configure, I see this line:
>>  python3-3.7.3.p1:                            using system package; SPKG
>> will not be installed
>>

> Great, this looks like progress. And thanks for telling me about the
> deadsnakes ppa, this may be useful at some point.
>

>> So, now I can try whether it works
>>

> If it doesn't, please post the logs, as usual.

It *almost* worked. On Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 3.7.7 installed from a
ppa, I get
sage -t --warn-long 44.6 src/sage/rings/padics/padic_lattice_element.py  # 3
doctests failed
sage -t --warn-long 44.6 src/sage/interfaces/psage.py  # 1 doctest failed

with SageMath version 9.1.beta9, Release Date: 2020-03-29.

I posted config.log, dochtml.doc, install.log, start.log and test.log
here: https://users.fmi.uni-jena.de/~king/logs/

Best regards,
Simon