Le mardi 1 mars 2022 à 11:59:22 UTC+1, Samuel Lelievre a écrit :

[ Snip… ]

> but I have no easy explanation for the first (temporary) one,
> > whose ptestlong.log record is as follows :

> > File "src/sage/schemes/cyclic_covers/cycliccover_finite_field.py", line
> 1139,
> > in
> sage.schemes.cyclic_covers.cycliccover_finite_field.CyclicCover_finite_field.frobenius_polynomial
>

> > Failed example:
> > CyclicCover(11, PolynomialRing(GF(1129), 'x')([-1] + [0]*(5-1) +
> [1])).frobenius_polynomial() # long time
> > Exception raised:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > File "sage/misc/cachefunc.pyx", line 1943,
> > in sage.misc.cachefunc.CachedMethodCaller.__call__
> > (build/cythonized/sage/misc/cachefunc.c:10410)
> > return cache[k]
> > KeyError: ((11,), ())
> >
> > During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
> > SystemError: calling remove_from_pari_stack() inside sig_on()
> > 1 item had failures:
> > 1 of 60 in
> sage.schemes.cyclic_covers.cycliccover_finite_field.CyclicCover_finite_field.frobenius_polynomial
>

> > Of note : this ptestlong run, on a lightly loaded laptop freshly
> rebooted,
> > entailed a very high use of memory : it used about 18 GB of swap file
> > above the 16 GB of RAM. I don’t remember seeing such a high
> > RAM usage during ptestlong of the previous versions.
>
> Was that while testing the same file
>
> src/sage/schemes/cyclic_covers/cycliccover_finite_field.py
>
> that ended up causing a system error?

Cant’ tell…

Or you could have hit
> something similar to the issue reported at Sage Trac ticket 33363:
>
> (Too) long doctest in sage/matrix/matrix_integer_dense.pyx
> https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33363
>
> where a test could sometimes take extremely long (the ticket
> does not comment on the memory usage in that case).

Possibly.

FWIW, I get *exactly* the same result on another, slightly smaller, machine
(Debian testing running on core i5 + 8 GB RAM) : temporary failure on
cycliccover_finite_field.py, permanent failure on graph.py, (more moderate)
overconsumption of the swap file.

HTH,
​